- A new segment to kick off the show.
- We discuss the impact of Equus coming to Broadway.
- Will it be overtaken by fangirls?
- How long can it run if HBP is released just two months later?
- The Lexicon Lawsuit is making a lot of press and we respond.
- Should the book hit store shelves or do WB and JKR have a point?
- How other Potter books (including ours) on the market don’t compare.
- We address some listener rebuttals, most of which focus on Dumbledore being gay.
- Our views on Christianity are cleared up.
- One listener asks us how to handle parents who are now considering banner the books from her.
Running time: 1:14:39, 25.7 MB
- Dumbledore is gay – initial thoughts from the hosts!
- Eric gives us a full report on MuggleCast LIVE in Australia!
- We go over each of the questions answered at the October 19th reading in NYC.
- Andrew, Laura, and Micah talk about meeting Jo. (Yes, life is now complete.)
- Should Jo have revealed Dumbledore’s sexuality?
- Why does it matter, and why is it front-page news?
- This leads into a discussion on the presence of homosexuality and how it is regarded in society, as well as our own experiences.
- The hosts become quite opinionated when it comes to fans who act as though Dumbledore being gay tarnishes his character.
- The message of this episode: embrace differences and donÕt blindly follow the doctrine that all people must be one way, which is deemed the “right” way.
Running time: 1:30:46, 31.3 MB
- Jerry Cooke from Fandom Forecast joins us this week!
- Where is Jo going with Wizard of the Month?
- Titan Tiffin as young Tom Riddle?
- Eric gives a reminder about MuggleCast Down Under.
- The news that launched a thousand shrieks: Jamie will not be on for a while.
- Was Pettigrew braver at age eleven?
- We discuss the morality of Dumbledore.
- Was he raising Harry as a pig for slaughter?
- Did he help Harry by distancing him?
- Was what Dumbledore did morally permissible?
- Would Harry have chosen his path if not for Dumbledore?
- Chicken Soup for the MuggleCast Soul.
Running time: 1:43:49, 47.6 MB
- Micah sees Order of the Phoenix…finally!
- Dan and David Yates talk Half-Blood Prince.
- Eric is back and has info on MuggleCast Down Under.
- Kevin returns as well after battling some technical issues (typical).
- Laura has the golden ticket…which sparks a big book tour discussion.
- One listener clears up that she is not in fact Mrs. Sims.
- Bill Nighy as Rufus Scrimgeour?
- Could Harry have survived another Killing Curse in the final battle?
- What was the difference between the beings in the graveyard in Goblet of Fire and the ones that appeared from the Resurrection Stone in Deathly Hallows?
- We take some more Muggle Mail in response to our book parallel convo last week.
- Voicemails return!
- Chicken Soup.
Running time: 1:35:43, 43.9 MB
- Emma finishes Ballet Shoes: we discuss the trio filming outside of Potter.
- Order of the Phoenix DVD release date, but somebody hasn’t seen it in theaters.
- Our thoughts on Jim Broadbent being cast as Horace Slughorn.
- Feedback from our live show.
- Listener Rebuttal: Why did Fred have to die?
- Main Discussion: Book 1 and Book 7 Parallels.
- The Little Things.
- Opening chapters, the Mirror of Erised, King’s Cross and Gringotts.
- The Men With Two Faces: Quirrell and Snape.
- Dumbledore’s Ambiguity.
- Anchor’s to life: Sorcerer’s Stone, Horcruxes and Hallows.
- Dueling Club featuring Harry, the Terminator and Optimus Prime.
- Make the Connection is taken to a whole new level.
- Australians: Listen to the end of the show for a special announcement from Eric!
Running time: 1:25:11, 39 MB
- It’s a 12-hour show, ladies and gentlemen!
- This episode only includes the first two hours, however.
- Andrew, Jamie, and Laura entertain you for the first two hours.
- Pickle Pack reopening soon for a limited time.
- Harry Potter is the top grossing franchise of all time – what do we think?
- Dan on Broadway?
- Andrew Strang? Pre-order tickets, ladies!
- Andrew and Laura offer themselves out for lunch dates in exchange for tickets to Jo’s reading.
- …and proceed to argue over who deserves to go more.
- The hosts discuss school and how the show has had an effect.
- Jamie discusses why he thinks HP classes won’t become universal.
- Kick back with Springsteen, Tenile, and much more during breaks!
Part 1 – Download Now
Running time: 1:46:42, 48.9 MB
Part 2 – Download Now
Running time: 1:56:25, 53.4 MB
Part 3 – Download Now
Running time: 1:49:25, 50.2 MB
Part 4 – Download Now
Running time: 1:42:34, 47 MB
Part 5 – Download Now
Running time: 1:41:53, 46.7 MB
Part 6 – Download Now
Running time: 1:36:52, 44.4 MB
- We’re back to our regular in-studio recordings and celebrating!
- MuggleNet staff member Jerry Cooke joins the panel.
- He’s our English-accented co-host this week.
- Andrew auditions for the Harry Potter musical.
- The co-hosts are very supportive of this new venture.
- Micah and Jerry give their thoughts on Deathly Hallows.
- We take several e-mails from listeners who ask their burning questions about the book.
- Bellatrix is dead, right?
- Expelliarmus and Harry.
- Did we feel betrayed when Harry ditched the Horcruxes for the Hallows?
- Should the Hogwarts houses be disbanded in the wake of the wizarding war?
- Was Scrimgeour’s last act really intended to protect Harry?
- Dueling Club, Listener Challenge, and even Chicken Soup returns.
Running time: 1:34:47, 43.4 MB
- MuggleCast is LIVE from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania this week as we discuss Deathly Hallows and some of the more recent news concerning the seventh and final novel. Also join us for a super fun birthday celebration!
Running time: 46:10, 21.1 MB
- MuggleCast is LIVE from Canton, Ohio this week as we discuss Deathly Hallows and some of the more recent news concerning the seventh and final novel.
Running time: 54:31, 25 MB
- MuggleCast is LIVE from Novi, Michigan this week as we discuss Deathly Hallows and some of the more recent news concerning the seventh and final novel.
Running time: 51:43, 23.7 MB