On this week’s episode of MuggleCast, we get back to our Harry Potter character discussions with the brightest witch of her age, Hermione Jean Granger. We discuss her personality traits, her academic prowess, and her overall perceptiveness. Plus, on Bonus MuggleCast on our Patreon, the hosts try to figure out if Hermione has a female best friend and debate which member of the trio is the “third wheel”?
- The Secrets of Dumbledore will hit theaters a week earlier in the UK. Why, just days after the franchise’s big announcement, are they making this change?
- Unimpressed by the The Secrets of Dumbledore official movie synopsis, Micah writes his own!
- Wizarding World Gold is coming to an end this month! Does this news have larger implications for other endeavors of the Wizarding World franchise?
- Character Discussion: Hermione Jean Granger
- Much like Hermes, messenger of the gods, does Hermione serve as messenger between the Muggle and wizarding worlds?
- Why we, as readers, should identify more with Hermione than Harry!
- What do we make of Hermione’s decision to return to Hogwarts after the war?
- How does she balance personal achievement with what is necessary and urgent?
- The hosts recall their initial impressions of Hermione. Is she really an “insufferable know-it-all”?
- Where does Hermione’s academic drive come from? Her parents? Pressure to fit into a new school? Pressure to fit into a new society?
- HER-MEE-OWN! How long did it take us to the proper pronunciation?
- Emma Watson and Noma Dumezweni: how each made their own profound impact
- We share Our Top 7 Hermione Moments and give our Best Hermione Impressions
- Quizzitch: These ‘splintery’ treats were considered by Hermione for her parents while in Honeydukes? Submit your answer!
- This week’s episode is brought to you by Greenchef – the #1 meal kit for eating well (visit GreenChef.com/MuggleCast100 and use code mugglecast100 to get $100 off, including free shipping)!
- Coming up on Bonus MuggleCast (available on Patreon), the hosts discuss if Hermione has a female best friend. And, just who is the true third wheel of the Harry, Ron and Hermione trio?