- The co-hosts express their dismay at this very slow news week.
- Actually, it was just MuggleNet being broken for two days.
- Everyone discusses the trailer highlights.
- Dumbledore being cool.
- Snape + Harry = some awesome Occlumency scenes.
- …Or very bad Occlumency scenes, says Kevin.
- Harry and Cho kiss! Teehee giggle giggle!
- The OOTP promotional poster.
- Main Discussion: Evil and how it relates to Voldemort in HP.
- Do we think Voldemort is evil only because we sympathize with Harry?
- He was born evil, so did he really have a choice to be good?
- The hosts present real-life scenarios of bad choices people make.
- British Joke.
- Ben gives us a small P.O. Box Update.
- Next week: Your OOTP game questions answered!
- Coming soon: the return of voicemails!
Running time: 1:09:27, 32.1 MB
- Jo ranks #5 in top UK fan bases.
- We don’t endorse the leaking of the trailer online…
- But feel free to purchase tickets to another movie and sit on the “Happy Feet” previews!
- Main Discussion: The Forbidden Forest.
- Is Hagrid the only one who goes in there?
- Why is it “forbidden”?
- Did it become this way because of Aragog?
- Could Voldemort be hiding a Horcrux there?
- Is Sirius’s bike keeping the Ford Anglia company?
- What are Aragog’s kids up to?
- The Dueling Club makes a comeback with Snape vs. Hermione!
- First Podcast Alley, now… national elections?
- Listener Challenge: MuggleCast-ify your local McDonald’s.
Running time: 59:42, 27.7 MB
- The crew discusses the latest update to Jo’s site.
- A third title?! What could this mean?
- Apology for the Gilmore Girls comment.
- We figure out a new way to stay safe against criticism.
- Listener rebuttals on Peeves.
- Main Discussion: Luna Lovegood.
- Is she related to Ollivander? Lupin?
- Is she as “Loony” as everyone makes her out to be?
- Her relationship with Harry and the comfort she provides him.
- Considering that she does not seem to fear death, will Luna be a pivotal character in Book 7?
- Why is she such a social outcast?
- Is the Veil a Lethifold?
- The Missing Day…explained?
- Is Jo telling us something with the birthday announcements on her site?
- Voicemails return.
Running time: 1:04:35, 29.9 MB
- This week we welcome you to the show with our sweet new intro.
- Why is WB so adamant about keeping the movies 2 1/2 hours long?
- Check out MuggleNet’s new book, MuggleNet.com’s What Will Happen In Harry Potter 7.
- Probably Prophecy! (Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!)
- Jamie’s lack of Halloween enjoyment as a child explains his bitter disposition as an adult.
- Main Discussion: Ghosts, Poltergeists, and Ghouls, oh my!
- How should we take Nearly Headless Nick’s advice to Harry at the end of OOTP?
- What’s with the Bloody Baron, and why is he so… bloody?
- Was the Grey Lady inspired by the ghost of Lady Jane Grey, who haunts the Tower of London?
- Could Dumbledore get rid of Peeves?
- Does Professor Binns know anything crucial about Voldemort?
- Debate: Halloween is a morally vapid holiday, which encourages delinquency.
- Andrew and Jamie vs. Micah and Laura.
- Chicken Soup for the MuggleCast Soul.
- Laura Mallory update.
- British/Halloween joke.
Running time: 1:12:23, 33.5 MB
- Eric enlightens us as to how Dumbledore could be a hairless Demiguise.
- Sadly, we will not be getting blimps from the Australia Nick Kids’ Choice Awards.
- Jamie knows his French better than he was given credit for last week.
- Listener Rebuttals twist our brains with more time talk.
- Main Discussion: Department of Mysteries finale discussion.
- Why was the Ministry so easy to infiltrate?
- Did Ron suffer any long-lasting damage from the attack by the brain?
- Eric’s brain isn’t worthy to float in the “think tank”.
- We’re heating it up in the “love room”.
- Seven doors…?
- Andrew can’t count.
- MuggleCast dating service a success! Er… sort of.
- Laura gives some friendly advice…
- …while Ben says “dump him.”
- Debate: Should the ban on underage wizardry be lifted? Andrew & Laura vs. Eric.
- Attention Jamie fangirls: Blame the Easy Button for the lack of Brit.
Running time: 1:37:55, 45.2 MB
- Purchase yer MuggleCast t-shirts!
- Transcripts are up to date.
- Episode 57 is finally released.
- This week’s main discussion: Time.
- What kind of control does the Ministry have over it?
- Can anyone with the right tools change time?
- Is the Time-turner the only device that can affect time?
- Will time play a role in Book 7?
- Why is it so important that you are not seen when traveling back in time?
- A second attempt to call Laura Mallory: Andrew pushes for an interview.
- Blooper: This Week in Steck.
- We’ll have more of our regular HP-related segments back next week.
- Information on MySpace hosting concerts for Darfur aid
Running time: 1:01:59, 28.7 MB
- Spy on Spartz kicks off the show.
- Ben addresses a listener’s concern.
- We celebrate our big win at the 2006 Podcast Awards.
- Micah makes yet another request of Jo. This time, he’s 100% sure it’s going to happen.
- Our main discussion this week is the Veil.
- Has Ginny seen anyone die?
- How can Sirius come back?
- Andrew makes a pun!
- A small discussion about Laura Mallory leaves us so angry that we try to give her a call.
- This week’s HUH?! is from YouTube.
- Chicken Soup.
- After 58 episodes, Micah finally buys an iPod.
- Blooper: Jamie’s attempt at recording the show.
Running time: 1:14:45, 34.6 MB
- Lots of empty promises
- Too many bad jokes
- Ben and Jamie’s Subway Challenge
- Embarrassingly late name introductions
- A 4-week old birthday wish
- Character Discussion: Aunt Petunia
- Is Aunt Petunia a Squib?
- Where’s the love for Lily and Harry?
- Where did Petunia get all this info about the magical world?
- What is Dudley afraid of?
- What would Harry’s boggart be?
Running time: 53:01, 24.6 MB
- Listener Rebuttals talk about last week’s Butterbeer and our Voldemort VS Dumbledore discussion.
- What’s Buggin’ Micah gets results!
- Don’t believe it was Micah? Andrew finds a hint Jo dropped.
- Our main discussion: Why did James give Dumbledore the invisibility cloak?
- Micah’s getting bugged again… look out!
- Send in the top 10 items on Dumbledore’s will.
- Dumbledore/Norris Facts.
- Voicemails concerning Home-schooling, Lily’s Eyes, and Fawkes.
- Dating Service update.
- The winner of last week’s song contest.
Running time: 1:00:42, 28.1 MB
- Two-Way Mirror Listener Rebuttals.
- A mai- discussion for you this week!
- Does the magical abilities of Dumbledore and Voldemort differ from the rest of the wizarding community?
- Crackpot Theory of the Week.
- Eric’s useless! He fails at life! He calls himself a fan?!
- Another Editorial Discussion with Brandon Ford.
- Laura, Micah, and Brandon discuss what Wormtail could be up to, Dumbledore’s death, and more.
- A new segment titled “What’s Buggin’ Micah?” shows a new side of our news man.
- More Dumbledore/Norris facts.
- The return of Gimme a Butterbeer.
- HUH?! Comment of the Week.
- One long blooper where Ben goes through Moundridge High to see what his fellow classmates think of Potter.
Running time: 1:30:51, 41.6 MB