- Welcome Slug Club member Chloe!
- Wizards Unite is out and we discuss what we like about the game so far!
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is dealing with some launch pains
- Chapter-by-Chapter returns with Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 29 The Phoenix Lament
- 7-Word Summary: After Dumbledore’s death, Harry regroups with friends
- Harry breaks the news of Dumbledore’s death and reveals the truth about Snape and Draco
- Lupin’s loses control when learning of Dumbledore’s death in a way Harry has never seen. Is this because of everything Dumbledore has done for Lupin?
- We discuss the healing impact of Fawkes’ phoenix song on the Order
- Why did Lupin or Sirius never tell Harry about Snape and Lily?
- Given Harry had been right about Draco all year, if you were Ron and Hermione, how would you feel?
- The Vanishing Cabinet and Hand of Glory have strong threads connecting them back to Chamber of Secrets
- When Flitwick comes to get Snape and is mysteriously unconscious, why aren’t Hermione and Luna quicker on the uptake?
- Shouldn’t the fact that Snape didn’t kill Flitwick tell us that more is happening than meets the eye? Does Snape actually save Luna and Hermione’s lives?
- With Death Eaters in Hogwarts, do we think Snape is trying to act as quickly as possible to prevent them from harming the students/?
- Why didn’t the Order stop Snape and Malfoy? Why didn’t they alert the Ministry?
- Much like in Goblet of Fire, why didn’t the Dark Mark trigger an immediate Ministry response?
- We react to Fleur’s response to Bill’s condition and Tonks’ big reveal about Lupin
- Is Harry not trusting in McGonagall about the Horcruxes a mistake?
- Should Hogwarts remain open?
- The hosts give their MVPs of the Week and Rename The Chapter
- Quizzitch: In the final chapter of Half-Blood Prince, who is sitting in Snape’s seat in the Great Hall?
- This week’s episode is sponsored by the Eaglemoss’ Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts figurine collections! Get figurines of Harry and Hermione, plus free shipping, for just $9.95 by going to HeroCollector.com/Wizards!
Running time: 1:24:30, 50.7 MB
- Unplug your Alexa’s: Our Slug Club guest this week had her name stolen from Amazon!
- Vans’ new line of Harry Potter shoes is causing some ripples amongst fans — how’d Hufflepuff gets the short end of the stick?
- Andrew is in Orlando for the opening of Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. Follow us on Instagram to get looks at the new ride!
- MuggleMail: What would’ve happened if the Death Eaters weren’t waiting for Dumbledore back at Hogwarts? And the best DVD/Blu-ray collection question gets answered.
- Chapter by Chapter: Half-Blood Prince Chapter 28, Flight of the Prince.
- Have we ever felt like Harry did in the opening of this scene, as if we’re hurling through space because of a life-changing event?
- Hogwarts Is A Security Nightmare Example #9134891: Kids running around while hearing ruckus. Where’s the lock-down?
- Warning: Never light Laura’s house is on fire while her dog is inside. She will be enraged.
- Harry has to remind Hagrid to put out his burning home. He ALSO has to remind him how to conjure one of earth’s core elements: WTF?
- Even while working for the Greater Good, Snape still takes the opportunity to besmirch James. Why so mean?
- The Half-Blood Prince is revealed, and Snape can’t stand being called a coward. What’s going through his mind in this moment?
- The movie version of this chapter is different to say the least. We compare and contrast.
- Dumbledore’s pockets are now available for everyone to peruse, and the locket presents itself. Uh oh.
- Quizzitch: From whom does Lupin learn that Dumbledore has died?
- Thank you to this week’s sponsors: The Harry Potter Figurine Collection (HeroCollector.com/Wizards), Scentbird (Scentbird.com/MUGGLECAST for 50% off), and ThirdLove (Thirdlove.com/MUGGLECAST for 15% off). Support the show by supporting supporting our advertisers!
Running time: 1:40:49, 60.5 MB
- We’re joined by Slug Club member Alicia, who wants to know: How does Ollivander’s stay in business?
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is coming to Canada — it’s the sixth production!
- MuggleMail: Horcruxes probably can’t be made via assisted suicide; what’s the best DVD/Blu-ray set available?; thank goodness the Trio didn’t have to go into The Cave; in defense of Harry Potter.
- We’ve passed 1,000 Patrons, an amazing milestone! Thank you to everyone for their support.
- Chapter by Chapter: Half-Blood Prince Chapter 27, The Lightning Struck Tower.
- Harry has to face one of the worst situations for a child to be in.
- Dumbledore once again experiences The Surge: He’s damn good on a broom.
- Dumbledore speaks to Draco in a way that’s reminiscent of how he’d speak to Tom.
- Harry needs a cloak that deflects spells — he’s been frozen under the cloak twice in one book.
- Why is Draco incapable of killing Dumbledore?
- Would this have been a different situation if Draco were a few years older?
- Severus… Please: This line was an amazing bit of work from Rowling.
- Snape’s Avada Kedavra isn’t written like the Killing Curse typically is. Is it because Snape was also trying to A) Prove he meant it, and B) move the body away from further harm?
- To say goodbye to Dumbledore, we read Patrons’ favorite Dumbledore lines in Dumbledore (and Micah) voices.
- In light of analyzing this scene, we revisit Andrew’s Astronomy Tower of Terror ride idea. This time it has exciting new twists!
- Quizzitch: Who did Draco mistake for being dead?
- This week’s episode is brought to you by The Wizarding World Figurine Collection from Eaglemoss Hero Collector (get two figurines for the price of one, plus free shipping, at HeroCollector.com/Wizards) and OpenFit (text MuggleCast to 303030 for a FREE month trial)!
Running time: 1:40:49, 60.5 MB
Get into the holiday spirit by watching one of our favorite Christmas movies, The Holiday, with the MuggleCasters!
We recorded a The Holiday DVD commentary exclusively for Patrons since we had been raving about the movie for a while.
Click here to listen!