Welcome to MuggleCast, the weekly Harry Potter podcast and your ride into the Wizarding World! Our show has been podcasting about J.K. Rowling’s creation since 2005. In each new episode we discuss all things Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts.
Currently our Harry Potter podcast is hosting a Chapter by Chapter re-read of the series and discussing the latest Wizarding World happenings. Thanks to our supporters on Patreon, we’re currently releasing four episodes per month. You can pledge as little as $2/month to help support the show and receive sweet benefits in return!
Subscribe to our podcast:
We highly recommend subscribing for free so that you can automatically receive each new episode. To do so, pick one of these options:
- Subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or Spotify
- Add us to your favorite podcasting app: Search the app’s directory for MuggleCast, or copy and paste this RSS feed into the app: https://audioboom.com/channels/4855957.rss
Find our latest episodes below, or click here to begin browsing our complete archive.
On this special edition of MuggleCast, the hosts are joined by Dr. Sarah Steelman (Marriage & Family Therapist, Ph.D., LMFT) to discuss J.K. Rowling’s recent tweets and open letter regarding trans people. We review her statements and why so many of them are wrong, share responses from around the Harry Potter community, and analyze our own feelings.
MuggleCast has donated $700 to Trans Lifeline to support transgender people during this difficult time. In addition, MuggleCast will be making the following changes to how we cover J.K. Rowling:
- We will no longer speak about, promote, or review JKR’s projects outside of the Wizarding World.
- We will no longer talk about what JKR is saying on Twitter, unless she’s hurting fans (again).
- We will cover Wizarding World-related announcements and continue to review various elements, but we will avoid discussing JKR’s involvement, if any.
- We will strive to highlight more fan projects to focus on the fandom who’s made this place what it is.
Given the sensitive nature of this conversation, please be aware that this episode carries a trigger warning. Below is a list of resources referenced in our show, for both those individuals looking to better educate themselves as allies and for those who are personally affected by recent events.
If you’re a LGBTQ person who needs to speak to someone:
- The Trevor Project: 866-488-7386
Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860