- The real MuggleNet Greg guest-hosts
- Listener Rebuttals
- Chapters 6 and 7 are discussed
- Why is the Killing Curse green?
- Why does Dumbledore want to be on the Chocolate Frogs?
- Is Grindelwald gone? And why doesn’t anyone talk about him?
- Scabbers wasn’t a real rat
- What if Harry had shaken Malfoy’s hand?
- Why did Hermione want to be in Gryffindor?
- British joke of the day
- Soothin’ babies
Running time: 52:32, 18.4 MB
- A full cast of MuggleCasters…or is it?
- Our first batch of Listener Rebuttals
- “Right, Andrew?!” cries Ben
- Won’t/Shan’t revisited
- So who IS the milkman?
- Discussion on Chapters 4 and 5 from Sorcerer’s Stone
- Is it All a dream?
- Harry’s father’s mother’s daughter-in-law’s eyes
- Darth Potters – Lily and James on the Dark Side?
- Fudge and the Muggles
- Is Slytherin the only house for bad guys?
- Secret Magic within Ollivander’s?
- And that’s where…whaaa?
- Next week: the normal segments and normal co-hosts return
Running time: 1:04:04, 22.6 MB
- Andrew explains the Listener Rebuttal
- Book Discussion: Sorcerer’s Stone Chapters 1-3
- The first sentence examined (in-depth)
- Introduction to the Dursleys
- Odd occurrences observed – is the wizarding world being careless?
- We meet Dumbledore, McGonagall, Hagrid, and see first mention of Sirius Black
- Tabby cats don’t like brick walls (ask Andrew)
- How strong is Dumbledore and McGonagall’s relationship at this point?
- Harry arrives on Privet Drive
- We discuss the Dursleys’ treatment of Harry
- Mrs. Figg and Aunt Marge get their first mentions
- Let’s go to the zoo – The Vanishing Glass and Parseltongue
- The Dursleys begin to get nervous
- We discuss the whole letter fiasco
- Harry turns 11 and there’s a knock at the door
- Create Your Own MuggleCast Segment Third Place Winner announced
- How did Sirius and Voldemort get their wands back?
- Do you think Time Turners will play a role in Book 7?
- When you send a Howler, do you record or write it?
- What if…Slughorn had given the Potions Book to Ron instead of Harry in Half-Blood Prince?
- Editorial Segment: Micah and Laura talk with Brandon Ford of The Underground Lake
Running time: 1:34:34, 32.8 MB
- Andrew forgets how to do the show
- We give everyone the scoop on our new show segments
- Goblet of Fire DVD wrap-up
- Thoughts on special features
- Looking back at the movie
- Main discussion: Sibyl Trelawney
- Connection to ancient mythology to play role in Book 7?
- Is she really a seer?
- Did Jo take the easy way out with the prophecy?
- Why did Dumbledore and Trelawney originally meet at the Hog’s Head?
- What is Jo insinuating about divination and prophecies in general (since predictions by the main seer are wrong)?
- Is Trelawney a risk?
- What’s up with all the drinking in HBP?
- Who’s better with divination: Trelawney or Firenze?
- Will we see much of her in Book 7?
- Our thoughts on Emma Thompson playing the crazy teacher
- MuggleCast listeners ask…
- Do you think Trelawney is toast?
- What is the reason she is still at Hogwarts? What are McGonagall’s thoughts on her?
- What house was she in?
- Why doesn’t Harry defeat Voldemort first then destroy the Horcruxes at his leisure?
- Can Voldemort come back as a ghost?
- Second place Create your own MuggleCast Segment winner: Katy Cartee
- A heart-warming e-mail from a listener
Running time: 1:13:50, 29.9 MB
Running time: 1:15:40, 30.57 MB
- MuggleNet Staffer Rachel co-hosts this week!
- Lumos registration is now closed; but never fear, you can still come to the show!
- Create your own MuggleCast segment contest now closed. Winners will be announced on episode 29.
- Our reaction to WB’s podcast.
- Main discussion ? Minerva McGonagall (suggested by Terri)
- What reason does she have for being an animagus?
- Is she a pureblood? Does it matter?
- Why would she begin teaching at Hogwarts in December? Possible connection to Dumbledore’s defeat of Grindlewald and/or Tom Riddle opening the Chamber of Secrets?
- Was she in the original Order of the Phoenix?
- What will her role in the Order be now that Dumbledore is gone?
- How close was she to Dumbledore?
- Is Harry receiving special treatment from her?
- Is she definitely the new (and permanent) Headmistress of Hogwarts?
- We give our opinions on Harry Potter Fan Fiction.
- Could you make a snake your secret keeper?
- The Dueling Club: Cormac McLaggen (Rachel) vs. Professor Flitwick (Laura)
- Next week’s character: Remus Lupin!
Running time: 53:43 21.93 MB
- Dylan joins the show
- We address comments from last week’s show
- Where did the older episodes go on the feed?
- Keep sending in those contest entries!
- Ben’s Top 10 ‘Ships
- Happy Valentine’s Day
- We discuss love in the Harry Potter world
- Harry’s first date with Cho
- Ginny’s valentine in Chamber of Secrets?
- Is Jo influenced by the shipping world?
- Does she feel forced to use it in the series?
- Main Discussion – Dolores Umbridge
- What’s with the toad imagery?
- Is she truly evil?
- What House would she be in?
- What makes Umbridge act the way she does?
- Could Hermione have grown up to become like Umbridge without Ron and Harry?
- The Inquisitorial Squad and Educational Decrees
- Why does she cling to rules and power in the face of truth?
- Has she made any valuable contributions to Harry’s education?
- What happened between her and the Centaurs?
- What will her role be, if any, in Book 7?
- Dueling Club
Running time: 1:03:57 25.95 MB
Peter Pettigrew – not your average garden rat. While it is clear that Wormtail aligns himself with those in power, it seems unclear as to which Death Eater the Dark Lord trusts more: Snape or Wormtail? Plus, while Andrew spy’s on a First Lady, just who was spying on who at Spinner’s End? And will Wormtail’s silver hand play an instrumental role in repaying Harry’s debt?
From Evanna Lynch to Imelda Staunton…all that and more ahead with Andrew, Eric, Laura, and Micah on this week’s edition of MuggleCast.
- We discuss the Black Family Tree donation by JKR to Book Aid
- Order of the Phoenix casting rundown
- It’s February – vote for us on Podcast Alley
- Stop by our store and buy some shirts
- We pitch our new Editorial Segment
- Support OperationSudan.org: a site created by Laura and Elysa to raise awareness and support the crisis in Sudan
- Main Discussion – Peter Pettigrew
- What drew him to Lord Voldemort?
- Why did Dumbledore let him become Secret Keeper?
- If he was all about self-protection, why wasn’t he in Slytherin?
- Does courage always have to be shown in a good light?
- How much magical ability does he possess?
- Why did the Marauders befriend him?
- Why was he allowed into the Order? How did they treat him?
- How did he get to the Weasleys?
- Why didn’t he attack Harry before revealing himself in Prisoner of Azkaban?
- Who is trusted more by Voldemort: Snape or Wormtail?
- Was Snape spying on Wormtail or Wormtail on Snape?
- How will he repay his debt to Harry? Who is his silver hand meant for?
- What will his fate be in Book 7?
- Dueling Club is back with a new format
- Petunia (Eric) vs. Bellatrix (Laura) and Dobby (Micah) vs. Luna Lovegood (Andrew)
- “You weren’t ready for the Dobster!”
- Andrew’s Listener Challenge update
- Las Vegas Minute
Running time: 1:10:25, 28.5 MB
On our January 29th, 2006 edition of MuggleCast…
- MuggleNet Greg joins the show
- And insists he’s not a pyromaniac!
- We reveal our new T-shirts
- Main Topic – Ron Weasley
- Did Ron’s early friendship prevent a Harry-Draco alliance?
- Ron’s Quidditch abilities
- Being known as “Harry Potter’s stupid little friend”
- What was it like “Growing Up Weasley”?
- Is Ron perfect for Hermione?
- Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley
- Will Ron’s talent for strategy play a role in Book 7 and the defeat of Voldemort?
- How magically powerful is the Weasley family?
- Did the chess match in Sorcerer’s Stone foreshadow Ron’s sacrifice in the Final Book?
- Forget Harry – will Ron sacrifice himself for Hermione?
- K’lyssa asks, “What would Amortentia smell like to you?”
- Dueling Club: Trelawney vs. Luna and Ron vs. Seamus
- Spy on Bon Jovi
- Andrew’s Listener Challenge – Design A MuggleCast Segment Contest
- Next week: Peter Pettigrew
Running time: 1:19:47, 36.5 MB
On our January 23rd, 2006 edition of MuggleCast…
Boarhounds. Acromantulas. Hippogriffs. Dragons. Hellhounds. Is Hagrid’s understanding of magical creatures a reflection of how others misunderstand him? While his lack of magical training could be an issue, could his knowledge of Tom Riddle prove useful in the Final Book? And just why has Jo kept him around for so long? All those close to Harry throughout the series have met an untimely demise.
- Ciaran guest hosts
- Andrew occasionally sounds like a robot because of a glitch with his mic
- We got the scoop on John Noe’s first days in his college dorm
- Main Topic: Rubeus Hagrid
- Why does he have a love for magical and usually dangerous creatures?
- We discuss his training as a wizard
- What happened with Hagrid the night of Voldemort’s demise?
- Where’s the motorcycle?
- How much does Hagrid know about Tom Riddle?
- We explore his parentage and his relationship with Grawp
- Why has JKR kept him alive and what role will he play in Book 7?
- Will he survive Book 7?
- Where did he go after his expulsion from school?
- How much does Hagrid know about the grounds at Hogwarts?
- Has Robbie Coltrane done a good job portraying everyone’s favorite half-giant?
- What does being the Keeper of the Keys actually mean?
- Can Hagrid become Headmaster or is it more likely he’ll end up Head of Gryffindor?
- Is Ginny a Horcrux?
- Did fake Moody’s foe glass show us something important?
- Did Snape use Occlumency on the Astronomy Tower?
- Dueling Club: Arthur vs. Lucius and Hermione vs. Ginny
- Interview with Luna Lovegood hopeful who made it to the second round
- Ciaran’s Irish Joke of the Day
- Next week’s discussion: Ron Weasley
Running time: 1:03:00, 22 MB