- MuggleNet staffer Jess joins in the discussion!
- Pokeflutes wake Snorlax up; they don’t put them to sleep. DUH, Andrew.
- Laura provides a real-life example of the way people look at Lucius
- More parallels are drawn between real-world and wizarding-world governments
- Why is Lucius so hard on Draco?
- How much political influence does he have?
- Was Lucius in on a plot to abduct Professor Trelawney?
- We learn Ben tried to mingle with Jason Isaacs but was robbed of the opportunity by Leaky’s Sue and John
- Chapter by Chapter: Chapter 14 of Sorcerer’s Stone
- Hagrid can read?
- Why does Draco keep quiet about Norbert?
- Jess hates Dumbledore!
- This week’s Spy on Spartz completes Ben’s life
- Is it possible Dumbledore left a message for Harry via Hagrid? Kevin presents the evidence.
- Ben sounds off over the ongoing debate of Christianity in HP
- Favorites: Umbridge’s Educational Decrees
Running time: 1:27:17, 35.3 MB
- We discuss Jo’s upcoming trip to the USA
- Our new monthly Book 7 discussions commences
- Will Harry return to Godric’s Hollow?
- We wrap up our long-running discussion about Hogwarts’ staying open the seventh year.
- Ben uses a clever analogy to illustrate how the government’s reactions to the September 11th attacks are similar to Hogwarts’ reaction to the Death Eaters’ infiltrating Hogwarts.
- Will we be seeing Aberforth?
- Who’s Harry going to rely on when finding Horcruxes?
- Spy on Spartz returns with a new rule that’s sure to get the fangirls excited
- Chapter-by-Chapter: Chapter 13 of SS: Nicolas Flamel
- We discuss the effect Harry’s dreams have on him
- Less focus on the fluff, more focus on the bad guy stuff
- The history of the REAL Nicolas Flamel
- Ben premieres a new segment: Give Me a Butterbeer
- Do Lily and James know about the prophecy?
- Was it the PokeFlute that put Fluffy to sleep?
Running time: 1:07:37, 23.6 MB
- Andrew works with Congress and President Bush to bring you our next contest
- Character discussions are back! This week: Mad-Eye Moody
- What does the name Alastor mean?
- Where did Moody get his magical eye from?
- Why did imposter Moody suggest that Harry become an Auror?
- More Horcrux talk
- Chapter by Chapter: Chapter 12, “The Mirror of Erised”
- Does Filch know Snape is onto Quirrell?
- Will Harry run across the mirror once again?
- Invisibility discussion
- Dueling club: Hippogriff vs Thestral
- What is Dumbledore’s Boggart?
- What would Hermione see in the Mirror of Erised?
- We discuss our Favorite Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers
Running time: 1:10:15, 24.5 MB
- Chapter 11 of Sorcerer’s Stone: “Quidditch”
- Further proof of our house point discussion
- Do Filch’s actions in this chapter suggest he’s on the bad side?
- Keep Jordan under control
- Why did Quirrell use dark magic during the match?
- What other enchantments are on broomsticks?
- Hermione is ALWAYS right – except when she’s emotional
- Would Hermione be able to keep her cool in a situation like the veil?
- Why do Hagrid and Dumbledore trust Snape?
- DADA: Why did Dumbledore give Snape the position?
- Why didn’t Legilimency appear in the first four books?
- Why was McGonagall unsurprised by Dumbledore’s death?
- Kevin plays Favorites
- What if…Harry hadn’t been raised by the Dursleys?
- Chicken Soup for the MuggleCast Soul
Running time: 56:19, 22.9 MB
- Snape…good or evil?
- Could Snape be just working for himself?
- The debate over Malfoy knowing of Filch’s presence is finished
- Discussion on the delivery of the Nimbus 2000
- Why doesn’t Oliver know what basketball is?
- What will Harry do after Hogwarts?
- We already know that Jo doesn’t enjoy writing about Quidditch, and now we find the proof in the books
- Please Jo: Make Harry a hot dog vendor!
- What are the requirements for nonverbal spells?
- Laura proves the crazy I-Hate-Harry-Potter-Georgian-Lady wrong.
- The house points system
- Why did the editors want to cut the troll scene?
- Is your first wand the best wand?
- Veritaserum: is THE truth told?
- DaVinci Code discussion
- Is the boggart seen in its original form when Mad-Eye spots it?
- Collectormania podcast update
Running time: 1:08:18, 23.8 MB
- The answer to converting Muggle money to Wizarding money
- The answer to why Quirrell had Voldemort on the back of his head
- Astronomy tower discussion
- More debate over the HP7 release date
- Chapter-by-Chapter discussion: Chapter 9 of Sorcerer’s Stone
- Ben looks like a swan?
- Harry the natural flyer
- What’s the deal with the school brooms?
- Trophy room protection
- Why are students forbidden from walking around at night?
- Why does the Bloody Baron patrol the halls?
- Did Peeves’ voice put Fluffy to sleep?
- New segment: FAVORITES
- PO Box update
- Jamie’s British Joke of the Day
- A big Collectormania podcast announcement
Running time: 1:05:05, 22.7 MB
- Katie Couric leaves NBC and Micah Tannenbaum stands in
- Micah gets upset over his score on the WOMBATs
- WOMBAT discussion
- OOTP release date is official…what does this mean for HP 7?
- Listener Rebuttals
- Our thoughts on Jim Dale versus Stephen Fry
- Grindelwald’s relation to Hitler and World War II
- Chapter 8 of Sorcerer’s Stone discussion
- Meanings behind the flashes of light
- Potions with Voldemort and Horcruxes
- The opal necklace revisited
- Jamie’s British Joke of the Day
Running time: 1:16:30, 26.6 MB
- The real MuggleNet Greg guest-hosts
- Listener Rebuttals
- Chapters 6 and 7 are discussed
- Why is the Killing Curse green?
- Why does Dumbledore want to be on the Chocolate Frogs?
- Is Grindelwald gone? And why doesn’t anyone talk about him?
- Scabbers wasn’t a real rat
- What if Harry had shaken Malfoy’s hand?
- Why did Hermione want to be in Gryffindor?
- British joke of the day
- Soothin’ babies
Running time: 52:32, 18.4 MB
- A full cast of MuggleCasters…or is it?
- Our first batch of Listener Rebuttals
- “Right, Andrew?!” cries Ben
- Won’t/Shan’t revisited
- So who IS the milkman?
- Discussion on Chapters 4 and 5 from Sorcerer’s Stone
- Is it All a dream?
- Harry’s father’s mother’s daughter-in-law’s eyes
- Darth Potters – Lily and James on the Dark Side?
- Fudge and the Muggles
- Is Slytherin the only house for bad guys?
- Secret Magic within Ollivander’s?
- And that’s where…whaaa?
- Next week: the normal segments and normal co-hosts return
Running time: 1:04:04, 22.6 MB
- Andrew explains the Listener Rebuttal
- Book Discussion: Sorcerer’s Stone Chapters 1-3
- The first sentence examined (in-depth)
- Introduction to the Dursleys
- Odd occurrences observed – is the wizarding world being careless?
- We meet Dumbledore, McGonagall, Hagrid, and see first mention of Sirius Black
- Tabby cats don’t like brick walls (ask Andrew)
- How strong is Dumbledore and McGonagall’s relationship at this point?
- Harry arrives on Privet Drive
- We discuss the Dursleys’ treatment of Harry
- Mrs. Figg and Aunt Marge get their first mentions
- Let’s go to the zoo – The Vanishing Glass and Parseltongue
- The Dursleys begin to get nervous
- We discuss the whole letter fiasco
- Harry turns 11 and there’s a knock at the door
- Create Your Own MuggleCast Segment Third Place Winner announced
- How did Sirius and Voldemort get their wands back?
- Do you think Time Turners will play a role in Book 7?
- When you send a Howler, do you record or write it?
- What if…Slughorn had given the Potions Book to Ron instead of Harry in Half-Blood Prince?
- Editorial Segment: Micah and Laura talk with Brandon Ford of The Underground Lake
Running time: 1:34:34, 32.8 MB