- After opening the show with a concrete statement, we have a cozy little news discussion.
- The Ben is back… again.
- MuggleNet’s book reviewed in the New York Times!
- Andrew shares his theory on why Jo wrote on the bust of Hermes.
- OH-EM-GEE – we explore various examples of fun facts and how they can be taken too far.
- Is there more of a meaning behind the statue of Hermes at the Balmoral?
- Despite quotes to the contrary, is it possible there’s anything more to Petunia or Dudley?
- This week our main discussion is replaced by our favorite Deathly Hallows theory submissions!
- Would Umbridge try to interfere with the Tonks/Lupin pairing?
- Is Jo just trying to make us feel better?
Running time: 1:02:09, 28.8 MB
- Laura offers her thoughts on the release date.
- We examine some things Jo said in her Diary we should have paid more attention to.
- Did Jason Isaacs know the truth all along?
- Just why was Jo writing at a hotel?
- The debate continues on who decides the release date.
- We’re all expecting to hear from Jo in the near future.
- Reactions from fans to the release date.
- What will the cover of the book look like?
- Equus pictures discussion: Eric labels Dan “Harry Chest”
- Did we all miss an important line in Goblet of Fire?
- Chris from Georgia clears up the debate over Voldemort’s soul.
- Hufflepuff’s Cup…in Arthur’s shed?
- What will be Jo’s involvement with the fandom after Book 7?
- Could Dudley be the character to exhibit magic late in life?
- Why couldn’t Harry just shoot Voldemort?
- Would any of the Death Eaters step forward to lead after Voldemort falls?
- We apologize for the Australia-New Zealand mix-up.
- Top 10-15 DH Contest theories to be played on next week’s show.
- A very special Chicken Soup from Iraq.
Running time: 1:30:53, 41.9 MB
- It’s a special mini episode of the podcast as we discuss the announcement of the release date of Deathly Hallows!
Running time: 22:22, 10.9 MB
- Live from New Zealand…Eric Scull.
- We clear up the Albania-Romania-Bulgaria mix-up.
- Is Ravenclaw’s wand a Horcrux? And was it in Ollivander’s shop?
- One listener makes us debate the Horcruxes and we ask for your help.
- Main Discussion: Does Voldemort deserve to die?
- Should Harry give Voldemort what he fears most?
- Could Harry even cast the Killing Curse?
- Would the Death Eaters rally after Voldemort’s downfall?
- Would killing Voldemort make Harry a martyr?
- More JKR Quotes: Umbridge, Snape, Lily and graveyards.
- We analyze Jo’s dream…again.
- Does Harry’s blood make Voldemort continuously weaker?
- Is Voldemort in debt to Harry?
- Will Voldemort die himself if he kills Harry?
- Crackpot Theory: Filch The Spy.
- PO Box Update.
Running time: 1:20:33, 37.2 MB
- This week we’re joined by guest Mikey B.
- After a bit of grumbling about Laura Mallory’s recent sure-to-fail appeal, we bring you a few show announcements, as well as some Prophecy 2007 information.
- Some bright listeners point out a couple more “hallow/gallow” references in the books.
- Could Deathly Hallows come out on “Harry Potter Day”?
- We revisit the connection between the title and Arthurian legend for a closer look.
- Jo can’t imagine Harry growing up, or it will “ruin the plot”; is this ominous, or just Jo trying to lead us off the scent again?
- Our very special interview features the biggest host to ever grace a Harry Potter podcast!
- What spell did Dumbledore use against Voldemort in the Ministry?
- Is the Ravenclaw Horcrux at Grimmauld Place?
- Win a piece of Jamie’s suitcase! (No, we’re not kidding.)
- Chicken Soup for the MuggleCast Soul.
Running time: 1:20:54, 37.4 MB
- This week’s show starts off with some very good news about live shows!
- We announce a very BIG interview.
- Apparently some of us didn’t see the connection between the hangman game on Jo’s site and the “Deathly Hallows”.
- Speaking of Deathly Hallows, we have yet more ideas what it might mean!
- We give everyone at home a short cultural lesson about death and its place in the world.
- If the title is a reference to Halloween, does this mean spirits will return to earth?
- Could “Hallows” be the spirits of those Voldemort murdered to create his Horcruxes?
- Would they be able to help Harry kill Voldemort?
- Why are Fred and George allowed to use their wands, and Hagrid can’t?
- Is Scrimgeour evil?
- British Joke.
Running time: 54:33, 25.3 MB
- Ben cries over The OC.
- We discuss the hanged man and his significance to Deathly Hallows.
- “Hallow” is an archaic word for “gallow”.
- Perhaps there is a greater meaning to James hanging Snape upside down in OOTP than most of us realized.
- Will Hermione’s ability to read Runes be useful?
- Debate: Jo should release book 7 in July of 2007.
- Jamie and Andrew (negating) vs. Eric and Laura (sort of) (affirming).
- Can someone transform into a younger version of themselves using Polyjuice potion?
- How is Hogwarts fighting childhood obesity without Phys Ed?
- We wrap this week’s show up with a heart warming Chicken Soup for the MuggleCast Soul.
Running time: 1:01:44, 28.6 MB
- In order to entertain you this New Year, we discuss all of the highlights of 2006!
- We regale one another with all the laughter, touching moments, and practical jokes we’ve shared.
- Remember, ladies and gentlemen, hotels don’t give out iPod fans for free in the lobby!
- Did any of us actually fulfill our New Year’s Resolutions?
- For the billionth time, we ponder a 2007 release for Deathly Hallows.
- The moment you’ve all been waiting for: the premiere of Andrew’s Wizard Rock single!
- As promised, we feature your variety remixes:
- “What’s Coming”
- “12 Days of MuggleCast”
- “Love Room”
- All this and more on this special New Year’s edition of MuggleCast!
Running time: 1:41:01, 46.4 MB
- HOLY CRAP! Forget about Christmas, there’s a Book 7 title!
- We discuss what the “Deathly Hallows” could be.
- Are they the remaining Horcruxes?
- Does this title encompass the theme of the series as a whole?
- Is there a connection with the murder of Lily and James on Halloween?
- Will we see Book 7 in 2007 after all?
- Micah predicts October 31st. You hear that, Jo?
- Andrew tries to interpret Jo’s HP dream.
- Somehow this turns into analyzing life as she writes the final book.
- We dream of each other.
- Jamie presents a plethora of puns and jokes.
- We each discuss what we’ll be doing in the coming week to celebrate the holidays.
- Have a happy and safe Holiday!
Running time: 1:17:07, 35.5 MB
- The one and only Dylan Spartz (now 100% legal) joins the show.
- We listen and comment on a Fox 5 report concerning Laura Mallory and her appeal to have the Potter books banned from Gwinnett County schools.
- Andrew gives us an update on his wizard rock band.
- We delve into the world of the Hogwarts founders.
- Did all turmoil in the wizarding world arise from poking a sleeping dragon?
- Why would Gryffindor be friends with Slytherin?
- What happened between them?
- Does Hogwarts have a mind of its own?
- How was Slytherin able to create the Chamber of Secrets without the other founders knowing?
- Just how closely related are pureblooded wizarding families?
- “Favorites” makes a comeback, during which Laura provides insight on her secret fondness for violence.
- Dylan gives an inspirational quote. (Or does he…?)
Running time: 59:55, 27.6 MB