- The one and only Dylan Spartz (now 100% legal) joins the show.
- We listen and comment on a Fox 5 report concerning Laura Mallory and her appeal to have the Potter books banned from Gwinnett County schools.
- Andrew gives us an update on his wizard rock band.
- We delve into the world of the Hogwarts founders.
- Did all turmoil in the wizarding world arise from poking a sleeping dragon?
- Why would Gryffindor be friends with Slytherin?
- What happened between them?
- Does Hogwarts have a mind of its own?
- How was Slytherin able to create the Chamber of Secrets without the other founders knowing?
- Just how closely related are pureblooded wizarding families?
- “Favorites” makes a comeback, during which Laura provides insight on her secret fondness for violence.
- Dylan gives an inspirational quote. (Or does he…?)
Running time: 59:55, 27.6 MB
- Happy Birthday, Jamie! (You’re OLD!)
- Use extreme caution when playing in bouncy castles.
- We put faith in our listeners, meaning we don’t double-check their facts.
- Dementors breeding? Ewwwwww.
- How much of Draco will we see in OOTP?
- Jamie chokes, Andrew crashes, and we can’t think of an adequate tale for Ben.
- A discussion on traitors and innocent characters leads us into some other areas of interest:
- Is McGonagall a spy?
- Will Ginny be used as a traitor in book 7?
- What happens when a Horcrux is destroyed, but a fraction of it resides inside of a host?
- Could Draco build up enough hatred to AK anyone?
- Will Micah survive the terrible accident Kevin predicts will befall him?
- Bill Clinton plays the saxophone?
- We announce the winner of Andrew’s listener challenge for the month of November!
Running time: 1:15:22, 34.7 MB
- We’re angry!
- WB uses a clip from Goblet of Fire in the OOTP teaser trailer.
- Our conclusion: WB is cheap!
- Could Ginny have seen Myrtle die through Riddle’s diary?
- Was the stone basin Dumbledore drank out of a Pensieve?
- When will we hear from Viktor Krum again?
- Is the goblin tiara the Horcrux from Ravenclaw?
- What are Dementors classified as?
- Were Luna’s parents in the Order?
- Will Harry change his Patronus?
- How could a werewolf be killed? Would AK not work? Where would a wizard find a silver bullet?
- How long will Harry spend at the Dursleys in Book Seven?
- Is Luna a seer?
- How stable is Vernon and Petunia’s relationship?
- Dudley’s greatest fear: Petunia in an Unbreakable Vow?
- An update on Robin’s Challenge.
- Crackpot Theory of the Week.
Running time: 1:27:17, 40.3 MB
- Andrew makes a big career-changing announcement.
- We talk about the latest OOTP developments.
- Eric and Micah give their thoughts on the trailer.
- Why was Dobby left out?
- An explanation for why they changed the writing on Harry’s hand.
- Azkaban prison’s location: good or bad?
- HBO: First glimpses of Bellatrix and Evanna Lynch in action.
- Andrew and Kevin interview two creators of the OOTP video game.
- Rebuttals concerning Voldemort being evil.
- Did Snape not want to reveal his own boggart in the staffroom?
- Why did Dumbledore have different people deliver notes to Harry in Half-Blood Prince?
- Older listeners: reveal yourselves!
- Dumbledore/Norris Facts.
- Two British Jokes.
- An update on the McDonald’s challenge.
Running time: 1:14:47, 34.6 MB
- The co-hosts express their dismay at this very slow news week.
- Actually, it was just MuggleNet being broken for two days.
- Everyone discusses the trailer highlights.
- Dumbledore being cool.
- Snape + Harry = some awesome Occlumency scenes.
- …Or very bad Occlumency scenes, says Kevin.
- Harry and Cho kiss! Teehee giggle giggle!
- The OOTP promotional poster.
- Main Discussion: Evil and how it relates to Voldemort in HP.
- Do we think Voldemort is evil only because we sympathize with Harry?
- He was born evil, so did he really have a choice to be good?
- The hosts present real-life scenarios of bad choices people make.
- British Joke.
- Ben gives us a small P.O. Box Update.
- Next week: Your OOTP game questions answered!
- Coming soon: the return of voicemails!
Running time: 1:09:27, 32.1 MB
- Jo ranks #5 in top UK fan bases.
- We don’t endorse the leaking of the trailer online…
- But feel free to purchase tickets to another movie and sit on the “Happy Feet” previews!
- Main Discussion: The Forbidden Forest.
- Is Hagrid the only one who goes in there?
- Why is it “forbidden”?
- Did it become this way because of Aragog?
- Could Voldemort be hiding a Horcrux there?
- Is Sirius’s bike keeping the Ford Anglia company?
- What are Aragog’s kids up to?
- The Dueling Club makes a comeback with Snape vs. Hermione!
- First Podcast Alley, now… national elections?
- Listener Challenge: MuggleCast-ify your local McDonald’s.
Running time: 59:42, 27.7 MB
- The crew discusses the latest update to Jo’s site.
- A third title?! What could this mean?
- Apology for the Gilmore Girls comment.
- We figure out a new way to stay safe against criticism.
- Listener rebuttals on Peeves.
- Main Discussion: Luna Lovegood.
- Is she related to Ollivander? Lupin?
- Is she as “Loony” as everyone makes her out to be?
- Her relationship with Harry and the comfort she provides him.
- Considering that she does not seem to fear death, will Luna be a pivotal character in Book 7?
- Why is she such a social outcast?
- Is the Veil a Lethifold?
- The Missing Day…explained?
- Is Jo telling us something with the birthday announcements on her site?
- Voicemails return.
Running time: 1:04:35, 29.9 MB
- This week we welcome you to the show with our sweet new intro.
- Why is WB so adamant about keeping the movies 2 1/2 hours long?
- Check out MuggleNet’s new book, MuggleNet.com’s What Will Happen In Harry Potter 7.
- Probably Prophecy! (Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!)
- Jamie’s lack of Halloween enjoyment as a child explains his bitter disposition as an adult.
- Main Discussion: Ghosts, Poltergeists, and Ghouls, oh my!
- How should we take Nearly Headless Nick’s advice to Harry at the end of OOTP?
- What’s with the Bloody Baron, and why is he so… bloody?
- Was the Grey Lady inspired by the ghost of Lady Jane Grey, who haunts the Tower of London?
- Could Dumbledore get rid of Peeves?
- Does Professor Binns know anything crucial about Voldemort?
- Debate: Halloween is a morally vapid holiday, which encourages delinquency.
- Andrew and Jamie vs. Micah and Laura.
- Chicken Soup for the MuggleCast Soul.
- Laura Mallory update.
- British/Halloween joke.
Running time: 1:12:23, 33.5 MB
- Eric enlightens us as to how Dumbledore could be a hairless Demiguise.
- Sadly, we will not be getting blimps from the Australia Nick Kids’ Choice Awards.
- Jamie knows his French better than he was given credit for last week.
- Listener Rebuttals twist our brains with more time talk.
- Main Discussion: Department of Mysteries finale discussion.
- Why was the Ministry so easy to infiltrate?
- Did Ron suffer any long-lasting damage from the attack by the brain?
- Eric’s brain isn’t worthy to float in the “think tank”.
- We’re heating it up in the “love room”.
- Seven doors…?
- Andrew can’t count.
- MuggleCast dating service a success! Er… sort of.
- Laura gives some friendly advice…
- …while Ben says “dump him.”
- Debate: Should the ban on underage wizardry be lifted? Andrew & Laura vs. Eric.
- Attention Jamie fangirls: Blame the Easy Button for the lack of Brit.
Running time: 1:37:55, 45.2 MB
- Purchase yer MuggleCast t-shirts!
- Transcripts are up to date.
- Episode 57 is finally released.
- This week’s main discussion: Time.
- What kind of control does the Ministry have over it?
- Can anyone with the right tools change time?
- Is the Time-turner the only device that can affect time?
- Will time play a role in Book 7?
- Why is it so important that you are not seen when traveling back in time?
- A second attempt to call Laura Mallory: Andrew pushes for an interview.
- Blooper: This Week in Steck.
- We’ll have more of our regular HP-related segments back next week.
- Information on MySpace hosting concerts for Darfur aid
Running time: 1:01:59, 28.7 MB