MuggleCast is the original Harry Potter podcast. The show launched in August 2005 and quickly gained an audience — over 50,000 listeners a week — thanks to its presence on MuggleNet, the largest Harry Potter fansite. Our quick growth told us one thing: Fans love hearing fellow fans talk about everything Harry Potter.
Today, over 10 years later, that still holds true. MuggleCast remains the premiere Harry Potter podcast for fans of J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World as she continues to expand it. Thanks to several new projects from Jo, the show has as much to talk about as ever before.
MuggleCast currently discusses the Fantastic Beasts film series, the theme parks, the thriving fandom, and — of course! — the original Harry Potter series. We are proudly supported by our listeners, who individually pledge anywhere from $2 – $10 each month on Patreon in exchange for more episodes of MuggleCast and bonus material (the latter is exclusive to our Patrons).
About the Team
– Andrew Sims (Host, Producer) is based in Chicago and began podcasting when he founded MuggleCast in 2005. In addition to operating the entertainment analysis website Hypable.com, Andrew offers Patreon and Podcast consulting, as well as Chicago-based podcast editing. Outside of work Andrew obsesses over Potter, Springsteen, dogs, and nature.
– Micah Tannenbaum (Host, Producer) is a New York native whose MuggleCast journey began when he reached out to Andrew about recording weekly news segments. It wasn’t long before he was invited to be a regular host on the show. Now, fourteen years later, Micah continues to listen, analyze and defend Aberforth’s goat. In the Muggle world, Micah trades Quidditch for basketball in his day-to-day job.
– Eric Scull (Host, Producer, Editor) is originally from Reading, Pennsylvania and is a lover of popular media, with his hands in several podcast pies. When not co-hosting or editing MuggleCast, editing the bimonthly Improvised Star Trek podcast or producing Human Resources advice podcast “HR unConfidential,” Eric enjoys exploring Chicago, where he has lived since 2008.
– Laura Tee (Host) was bitten by the podcasting bug in 2006 when she first joined MuggleCast. Podcasting stuck with her through living abroad in Costa Rica (pura vida, mae) and graduate school in New York City. Outside of MuggleCast, Laura enjoys all things linguistics and hosts the current affairs podcast #Millennial alongside Andrew. She loves her hometown of Atlanta, where she lives with her boyfriend and adorable dog, Canela.
– Jule Gamache (Social Media Manager) has been managing social media in one form or another since 2011. As a long-time listener and former transcriber of MuggleCast, she’s excited to use her expertise to take the reins on the show’s social presence. In addition to MuggleCast, she also runs the social media for #Millennial podcast and spends her 9-to-5 as a marketing manager in Los Angeles.
If you have any questions, comments, or advertising inquiries, please use the form below.
Alternatively, you can reach out to us on Twitter (@MuggleCast). Or, call us and leave a voicemail: (920)-3-MUGGLE (That’s 920-368-4453. Calling from abroad? Add a “1” to the beginning of the phone number).
Finally, here’s our PO Box address:
4044 N Lincoln Ave #144
Chicago IL 60618