- Snape…good or evil?
- Could Snape be just working for himself?
- The debate over Malfoy knowing of Filch’s presence is finished
- Discussion on the delivery of the Nimbus 2000
- Why doesn’t Oliver know what basketball is?
- What will Harry do after Hogwarts?
- We already know that Jo doesn’t enjoy writing about Quidditch, and now we find the proof in the books
- Please Jo: Make Harry a hot dog vendor!
- What are the requirements for nonverbal spells?
- Laura proves the crazy I-Hate-Harry-Potter-Georgian-Lady wrong.
- The house points system
- Why did the editors want to cut the troll scene?
- Is your first wand the best wand?
- Veritaserum: is THE truth told?
- DaVinci Code discussion
- Is the boggart seen in its original form when Mad-Eye spots it?
- Collectormania podcast update
Running time: 1:08:18, 23.8 MB
- The answer to converting Muggle money to Wizarding money
- The answer to why Quirrell had Voldemort on the back of his head
- Astronomy tower discussion
- More debate over the HP7 release date
- Chapter-by-Chapter discussion: Chapter 9 of Sorcerer’s Stone
- Ben looks like a swan?
- Harry the natural flyer
- What’s the deal with the school brooms?
- Trophy room protection
- Why are students forbidden from walking around at night?
- Why does the Bloody Baron patrol the halls?
- Did Peeves’ voice put Fluffy to sleep?
- New segment: FAVORITES
- PO Box update
- Jamie’s British Joke of the Day
- A big Collectormania podcast announcement
Running time: 1:05:05, 22.7 MB
- Katie Couric leaves NBC and Micah Tannenbaum stands in
- Micah gets upset over his score on the WOMBATs
- WOMBAT discussion
- OOTP release date is official…what does this mean for HP 7?
- Listener Rebuttals
- Our thoughts on Jim Dale versus Stephen Fry
- Grindelwald’s relation to Hitler and World War II
- Chapter 8 of Sorcerer’s Stone discussion
- Meanings behind the flashes of light
- Potions with Voldemort and Horcruxes
- The opal necklace revisited
- Jamie’s British Joke of the Day
Running time: 1:16:30, 26.6 MB
- The real MuggleNet Greg guest-hosts
- Listener Rebuttals
- Chapters 6 and 7 are discussed
- Why is the Killing Curse green?
- Why does Dumbledore want to be on the Chocolate Frogs?
- Is Grindelwald gone? And why doesn’t anyone talk about him?
- Scabbers wasn’t a real rat
- What if Harry had shaken Malfoy’s hand?
- Why did Hermione want to be in Gryffindor?
- British joke of the day
- Soothin’ babies
Running time: 52:32, 18.4 MB
- A full cast of MuggleCasters…or is it?
- Our first batch of Listener Rebuttals
- “Right, Andrew?!” cries Ben
- Won’t/Shan’t revisited
- So who IS the milkman?
- Discussion on Chapters 4 and 5 from Sorcerer’s Stone
- Is it All a dream?
- Harry’s father’s mother’s daughter-in-law’s eyes
- Darth Potters – Lily and James on the Dark Side?
- Fudge and the Muggles
- Is Slytherin the only house for bad guys?
- Secret Magic within Ollivander’s?
- And that’s where…whaaa?
- Next week: the normal segments and normal co-hosts return
Running time: 1:04:04, 22.6 MB
- Andrew explains the Listener Rebuttal
- Book Discussion: Sorcerer’s Stone Chapters 1-3
- The first sentence examined (in-depth)
- Introduction to the Dursleys
- Odd occurrences observed – is the wizarding world being careless?
- We meet Dumbledore, McGonagall, Hagrid, and see first mention of Sirius Black
- Tabby cats don’t like brick walls (ask Andrew)
- How strong is Dumbledore and McGonagall’s relationship at this point?
- Harry arrives on Privet Drive
- We discuss the Dursleys’ treatment of Harry
- Mrs. Figg and Aunt Marge get their first mentions
- Let’s go to the zoo – The Vanishing Glass and Parseltongue
- The Dursleys begin to get nervous
- We discuss the whole letter fiasco
- Harry turns 11 and there’s a knock at the door
- Create Your Own MuggleCast Segment Third Place Winner announced
- How did Sirius and Voldemort get their wands back?
- Do you think Time Turners will play a role in Book 7?
- When you send a Howler, do you record or write it?
- What if…Slughorn had given the Potions Book to Ron instead of Harry in Half-Blood Prince?
- Editorial Segment: Micah and Laura talk with Brandon Ford of The Underground Lake
Running time: 1:34:34, 32.8 MB
- Andrew forgets how to do the show
- We give everyone the scoop on our new show segments
- Goblet of Fire DVD wrap-up
- Thoughts on special features
- Looking back at the movie
- Main discussion: Sibyl Trelawney
- Connection to ancient mythology to play role in Book 7?
- Is she really a seer?
- Did Jo take the easy way out with the prophecy?
- Why did Dumbledore and Trelawney originally meet at the Hog’s Head?
- What is Jo insinuating about divination and prophecies in general (since predictions by the main seer are wrong)?
- Is Trelawney a risk?
- What’s up with all the drinking in HBP?
- Who’s better with divination: Trelawney or Firenze?
- Will we see much of her in Book 7?
- Our thoughts on Emma Thompson playing the crazy teacher
- MuggleCast listeners ask…
- Do you think Trelawney is toast?
- What is the reason she is still at Hogwarts? What are McGonagall’s thoughts on her?
- What house was she in?
- Why doesn’t Harry defeat Voldemort first then destroy the Horcruxes at his leisure?
- Can Voldemort come back as a ghost?
- Second place Create your own MuggleCast Segment winner: Katy Cartee
- A heart-warming e-mail from a listener
Running time: 1:13:50, 29.9 MB
Running time: 1:15:40, 30.57 MB
- MuggleNet Staffer Rachel co-hosts this week!
- Lumos registration is now closed; but never fear, you can still come to the show!
- Create your own MuggleCast segment contest now closed. Winners will be announced on episode 29.
- Our reaction to WB’s podcast.
- Main discussion ? Minerva McGonagall (suggested by Terri)
- What reason does she have for being an animagus?
- Is she a pureblood? Does it matter?
- Why would she begin teaching at Hogwarts in December? Possible connection to Dumbledore’s defeat of Grindlewald and/or Tom Riddle opening the Chamber of Secrets?
- Was she in the original Order of the Phoenix?
- What will her role in the Order be now that Dumbledore is gone?
- How close was she to Dumbledore?
- Is Harry receiving special treatment from her?
- Is she definitely the new (and permanent) Headmistress of Hogwarts?
- We give our opinions on Harry Potter Fan Fiction.
- Could you make a snake your secret keeper?
- The Dueling Club: Cormac McLaggen (Rachel) vs. Professor Flitwick (Laura)
- Next week’s character: Remus Lupin!
Running time: 53:43 21.93 MB
- Dylan joins the show
- We address comments from last week’s show
- Where did the older episodes go on the feed?
- Keep sending in those contest entries!
- Ben’s Top 10 ‘Ships
- Happy Valentine’s Day
- We discuss love in the Harry Potter world
- Harry’s first date with Cho
- Ginny’s valentine in Chamber of Secrets?
- Is Jo influenced by the shipping world?
- Does she feel forced to use it in the series?
- Main Discussion – Dolores Umbridge
- What’s with the toad imagery?
- Is she truly evil?
- What House would she be in?
- What makes Umbridge act the way she does?
- Could Hermione have grown up to become like Umbridge without Ron and Harry?
- The Inquisitorial Squad and Educational Decrees
- Why does she cling to rules and power in the face of truth?
- Has she made any valuable contributions to Harry’s education?
- What happened between her and the Centaurs?
- What will her role be, if any, in Book 7?
- Dueling Club
Running time: 1:03:57 25.95 MB