Welcome to MuggleCast, the Harry Potter podcast and your weekly ride into the Wizarding World! Our show has been podcasting about J.K. Rowling’s creation since 2005. In each new episode we discuss all things Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts.
Currently our Harry Potter podcast is hosting a Chapter by Chapter re-read of the series and discussing the latest Wizarding World happenings. Thanks to our supporters on Patreon, we’re currently releasing four episodes per month. You can pledge as little as $2/month to help support the show and receive sweet benefits in return!
Visit our Episodes page for the older shows. A new episode is released every Monday.
Subscribe to our podcast:
We highly recommend subscribing so that you can automatically receive each new episode. To do so, pick one of these options:
- Visit us in the iTunes store, then click ‘Subscribe.’
- iTunes not your thing? We recommend the app “Casts” for Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android. For a free alternative to these apps, use Apple’s official Podcasts app or Podcast & Radio Addict for Android.
- Add us to your app: Search the app’s directory for MuggleCast, or copy and paste this RSS feed into the app: https://audioboom.com/channels/4855957.rss
Find our latest episodes below, or click here to begin browsing our complete archive.
- Unplug your Alexa’s: Our Slug Club guest this week had her name stolen from Amazon!
- Vans’ new line of Harry Potter shoes is causing some ripples amongst fans — how’d Hufflepuff gets the short end of the stick?
- Andrew is in Orlando for the opening of Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. Follow us on Instagram to get looks at the new ride!
- MuggleMail: What would’ve happened if the Death Eaters weren’t waiting for Dumbledore back at Hogwarts? And the best DVD/Blu-ray collection question gets answered.
- Chapter by Chapter: Half-Blood Prince Chapter 28, Flight of the Prince.
- Have we ever felt like Harry did in the opening of this scene, as if we’re hurling through space because of a life-changing event?
- Hogwarts Is A Security Nightmare Example #9134891: Kids running around while hearing ruckus. Where’s the lock-down?
- Warning: Never light Laura’s house is on fire while her dog is inside. She will be enraged.
- Harry has to remind Hagrid to put out his burning home. He ALSO has to remind him how to conjure one of earth’s core elements: WTF?
- Even while working for the Greater Good, Snape still takes the opportunity to besmirch James. Why so mean?
- The Half-Blood Prince is revealed, and Snape can’t stand being called a coward. What’s going through his mind in this moment?
- The movie version of this chapter is different to say the least. We compare and contrast.
- Dumbledore’s pockets are now available for everyone to peruse, and the locket presents itself. Uh oh.
- Quizzitch: From whom does Lupin learn that Dumbledore has died?
- Thank you to this week’s sponsors: The Harry Potter Figurine Collection (HeroCollector.com/Wizards), Scentbird (Scentbird.com/MUGGLECAST for 50% off), and ThirdLove (Thirdlove.com/MUGGLECAST for 15% off). Support the show by supporting supporting our advertisers!
Running time: 1:40:49, 60.5 MB
- We’re joined by Slug Club member Alicia, who wants to know: How does Ollivander’s stay in business?
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is coming to Canada — it’s the sixth production!
- MuggleMail: Horcruxes probably can’t be made via assisted suicide; what’s the best DVD/Blu-ray set available?; thank goodness the Trio didn’t have to go into The Cave; in defense of Harry Potter.
- We’ve passed 1,000 Patrons, an amazing milestone! Thank you to everyone for their support.
- Chapter by Chapter: Half-Blood Prince Chapter 27, The Lightning Struck Tower.
- Harry has to face one of the worst situations for a child to be in.
- Dumbledore once again experiences The Surge: He’s damn good on a broom.
- Dumbledore speaks to Draco in a way that’s reminiscent of how he’d speak to Tom.
- Harry needs a cloak that deflects spells — he’s been frozen under the cloak twice in one book.
- Why is Draco incapable of killing Dumbledore?
- Would this have been a different situation if Draco were a few years older?
- Severus… Please: This line was an amazing bit of work from Rowling.
- Snape’s Avada Kedavra isn’t written like the Killing Curse typically is. Is it because Snape was also trying to A) Prove he meant it, and B) move the body away from further harm?
- To say goodbye to Dumbledore, we read Patrons’ favorite Dumbledore lines in Dumbledore (and Micah) voices.
- In light of analyzing this scene, we revisit Andrew’s Astronomy Tower of Terror ride idea. This time it has exciting new twists!
- Quizzitch: Who did Draco mistake for being dead?
- This week’s episode is brought to you by The Wizarding World Figurine Collection from Eaglemoss Hero Collector (get two figurines for the price of one, plus free shipping, at HeroCollector.com/Wizards) and OpenFit (text MuggleCast to 303030 for a FREE month trial)!
Running time: 1:40:49, 60.5 MB